If you want to create content around the varied awareness days, weeks and months that occur, then there are two things you want to know:
- Your effort won’t be wasted
- That it’s an event that’s real
You’d be surprised from all the information that’s out there how often a Google search won’t give you those two things when it comes to awareness days.
Why Awareness Days should come with health warnings
There are 3 big issues to just taking a random day from a Google search.
- Many of them are US events, not UK
- There are many that are now defunct, and only exist in online directories
- Many have the wrong dates
Three things as a UK small business that you definitely want to have the right information for. What’s the answer?
Download the free UK 2021 Awareness Days Calendar for Food & Drink Businesses
No one wants to waste their time creating content around a day that isn’t going to get any traction and business results. So for this calendar, I double-check dates and that the events are relevant in the UK. If you choose to sign up, then you’ll get updates through the year as organisers confirm dates for events.
Not to forget that some events haven’t been thought of yet, or at least not finalised. That’s why I keep updating this during the year.
Download the free UK 2021 Awareness Days Calendar for Food & Drink businesses now. You’ll see that currently it only goes out to the end of June. Three key reasons:
- Many small businesses don’t have the resources to plan further out than that
- After the year we’ve all had in 2020 and the impacts of Covid-19, many events, even for the first few months of the year, have not yet been confirmed.
- Given the latest lockdown, events are already being moved back to later in 2021 or cancelled already for this year.
I’ll be updating and extending this as the year develops. If you haven’t already read it, then you may also want to find out what kind of awareness days work in different channels for different businesses. Click here to find out more about that.